Monday, October 22, 2012

Consistency


One of the biggest challenges for me is consistency. Its not that I quit when it gets hard, I prefer it hard, but I just sort of wander off when I get bored. Luckily I like training enough that I am usually trained enough to finish a race. Realizing this was an issue for me, last year I tried CFE as a way to finish a 100. Well it worked, the longest run I did was 13 miles, but I did enough intervals and cross training that it worked out for me..Yay! Unfortunately for me I dont think thats going to cut it for 300 miles. Even if I did the same percent of the 100 i did in my longest week last year (most miles last year was 20 so 20% of race) that leaves me expecting to do a 60 mile week.. which I have never done outside of a race.. While I would argue the distance for the week doesnt matter for this kind of race(really it doesn't) I do need to work on back to backs as 8 days of running requires quick recovery.

So where that leaves me now  is trying to address my consistency problem in order to complete the 300. My goal these next 4 weeks is to be consistent. Not drive distance, not drive speed but still get out there and do what I planned for 4 weeks.. Shouldn't be hard right??

haha so last weekend I took a weekend off, I spent a lot of it with my wife talking to her about these next 104 days. Basically we talked about what I have to do, to pull it off (Lose 20lbs, be consistent with training).

 I think I got acceptance from her, while she wasn't excited about it, the fact that I got acceptance is enough for me. I couldn't fight her, and myself at the same time. So even though I didnt train like I wanted to last weekend, I cleared out my life to allow me to train the next 104 days like I need to...
and right now thats what I needed

No comments:

Post a Comment