Monday, October 29, 2012

Consistency and Lessons Learned



Week 1 of my 4 week focus on consistency was good. Fri & Sat was a challenge if only because I had to work weird hours and didnt have time to get Friday in, so moved it to Sat. this had a direct impact on my 50k on Sunday but was good to run back to back. Need to get used to that.

The 50k went well overall, learned a lot. One of the things I learned is that I dont run flat very well. the course was very flat with only one hill in the middle that you went over twice. The problem is most of the time my training has involved focusing on mountains because that where I prefer to run. The yukon race is mostly rolling hills so perhaps I need to focus on that a bit. Considering my training up until this past week has been sketchy due to injury I am happy finishing. 

This week is week 2 of consistency training, should be interesting to see if I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment